2 MARCH 2015
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
With lobbying still intense regarding the Aviation Commission and its report due in June, Heathrow Airport Ltd has been quick to announce its 2014 results.
The airport says that:
• It was the busiest year ever with regard to passengers (73.4m up 1.4%) but that there has been no real growth with the number of flights.
• Strong financial performance, revenue up 8.8% to £2.7bn and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) up 10.3% to £1.57bn.
• Completed £11bn transformation programme with the successful opening of Terminal 2: The Queen’s Terminal, on time and on budget.
• Moving into a more modest investment period, generating cash after capital investment and interest for the first time in over a decade.
• With Heathrow full, Britain is falling behind in direct flights to growth markets – that is why calls for Heathrow expansion are growing from all parts of the UK. www.heathrow.com
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?