BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
BA - The BTN view to consider?
This week's COMMENT makes it clear. There are no winners in the BA v BALPA pilots' dispute. We would be pleased to hear from both sides. In other news Air Antwerp arrives, and an illegal drone attack at Heathrow is foiled. EasyJet carried 332,000 passengers last Friday, a record for the carrier, and probably for a true British airline too. And talking of numbers 262,000 people passed through Heathrow on 4 August, another record figure, but you cannot compare a short-haul airline with a fixed airport operation much of whose business is to far off places. We highlight the London Infrastructure Summit and Virgin Atlantic's introduction of the Rolls-Royce powered Airbus A350. ON TOUR is the Florida Everglades whilst AND FINALLY has some fizz about it.
BTN is edited by Richard Cawthorne. Please make sure he is on your mailing list for stories: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to COMMENT in OUR READERS’ FINEST WORDS at the end of every article.
Get your friends to subscribe to BTN for free and follow on TWITTER at #BTNewsUpdate or look at the BTN home page top left hand corner for the latest news.
BTN's full edition is at www.btnews.co.uk. Click TEXT for the words only (no images). BTN can be set for reading on your iPad/netpad too.
The “What Was Read” League:
BTN monitors subscriber reading (only by numbers, not individuals).
For last week’s issue, here are the results to date:
- COMMENT: No winners in this dispute
- Air Antwerp arrives at LCY
- Air Canada Ottawa – Heathrow upgrade
- Airport expansion wins more backing
- Aviation Club ticket deadline
- BA chief to address Air League
- Drone attack falls flat
- Duty free on comeback trail
- EasyJet sets passenger record
- Embraer world first for Azul
- Flights axed ahead of new BA strike
- Grab and Go at Southend
- Heathrow’s busiest day
- Hotel booking sites clampdown
- Loganair keeps up the pace
- London Infrastructure Summit
- Pegasus aims for digital transformation
- Radisson Red heads for London
- Strategy focus for Airlines 2050
- Virgin A350 enters service
- Wow Air comeback plan
- ON TOUR: Across the Everglades
- AND FINALLY: Cathay with a fizz
BTNews - The Business Travel News
Published every Monday
PO Box 758, Edgware HA8 4QF, UK
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 BTNews