BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2020 Business Travel News Ltd.
Business Travel Show cancelled. Not a good idea?
"Blanket quarantine – Not fit for purpose!" says Karen Dee, Chief Executive, Airport Operators Association.
This week BTN can announce that Alex Cruz (British Airways) is to appear before the House of Commons Transport Committee, but it is a long way off (24 September). More immediately it looks like he may not be retreating to Waterside. Eastern Airways is to fly into Heathrow joining Spicejet, another new arrival. Easyjet is making good noises and we list the UK airport lounges now open. The Business Travel Show has been cancelled and this has gone down badly with the TMCs.
Our feature page ON TOUR is the WTTC and Covid-19 and we have a special ON TOUR holiday version too with Alison Chambers joining what was a very limited number of Spanish island holidaymakers at Gatwick.
We update TWITTER every morning.
This edition of BTN is brought to you by Malcolm Ginsberg – Editor-in-Chief.
Have your say at OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS.
The editorial team can be contacted on +44 (0)20 8952 8383 or email@example.com.
BTN can be set for reading on your smartphone/tablet too. And in TEXT.
The “What Was Read” League for the BTN 27 July issue.
- SOAPBOX SPECIAL: Karen Dee – Chief Executive, Airport Operators Association
- Air Europa price?
- Air India Express crash
- Alex Cruz for Transport Select Committee
- Boeing MAX mess
- British Airways and Waterside
- Business Travel Show cancelled
- Canada this winter
- Cruises – Not starting yet
- Cull at British Airways
- Delta blocks Heathrow
- Eastern debuts Teesside to Heathrow
- EasyJet recovering.
- Emirates doubles at Heathrow
- Manchester Airport update
- Slots – Wizz has its view
- South African Airways
- Southwark hotel for Premier Inn
- Spicejet at Heathrow
- UK airport lounges
- Virgin flies on
- A HOLIDAY ON TOUR: Easy to Majorca
- ON TOUR: Covid-19. The WTTC Webinar Scientific Summit.
- AUGUST ROAD TEST: Kia Ceed Sportswagon 1.4 T-GDi 3
- AND FINALLY: The end of Flight
BTNews - The Business Travel News
Published every Monday
PO Box 758, Edgware HA8 4QF, UK
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2020 BTNews