BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
Taxes and more taxes
Welcome to BTN. In a feisty issue this week, COMMENT looks forward to what happens next on the Crossrail front while COMMENT PLUS sounds a warning over London City Airport access. In news, data breaches at British Airways and Marriott International attract record fines and IAG’s top man is taken to task. Norwegian’s CEO steps down and there are rumblings on the tax front in general and in France in particular. ON TOUR revisits the saga of The Mary Rose and ON TOUR SPECIAL reports on The Meetings Show. AND FINALLY suggests there may be even more to your average airline pilot than you think. See also BTN’s regular feeds on Twitter at #BTNewsUpdate.
BTN is edited by Richard Cawthorne. Please make sure he is on your mailing list for stories: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to COMMENT in OUR READERS’ FINEST WORDS at the end of every article.
Get your friends to subscribe to BTN for free.
BTN's full edition is at www.btnews.co.uk. Click TEXT for the words only (no images). BTN can be set for reading on your iPad/netpad too.
The “What Was Read” League:
BTN monitors subscriber reading (only by numbers, not individuals).
For last week's issue, here are the results to date:
1 Flybe rebrand plan as Connect takes over
2 AND FINALLY: A second runway for London City Airport
3 BA’s first A350-1000 in the air
- COMMENT: A new minister – First task?
- COMMENT PLUS: London City Airport and London
- BTN FOR SALE
- A lounge for children at Dubai
- Aerospace Media Awards
- Airlines attack new tax moves
- CAA warning over disabled passengers
- COO Bellew to leave Ryanair
- Data breach: 'prickly' Walsh under fire
- Embraer E190 joins easyJet fleet
- First man on the moon
- France APD plan condemned
- Heathrow welcomes its latest Hilton
- Highways UK 2019
- Huge fines for BA & Marriott
- Hungary debut for Garden Inn
- IATA London briefing
- Night-before check-in trial at Edinburgh
- Norwegian CEO steps down
- ParkVia lands world parking contract
- Qatar arrives in Portugal
- Royal opening for London Training Centre
- Widerøe boost for Aberdeen service
- ON TOUR: The Mary Rose
- ON TOUR SPECIAL: The Meetings Show
- AND FINALLY: The upside-down pilot
BTNews - The Business Travel News
Published every Monday
PO Box 758, Edgware HA8 4QF, UK
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 BTNews