BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
777X – some good news for Boeing
Welcome to BTN. Do pass on to your friends and colleagues. We are having a circulation drive. Don't forget it is free and you only have to read the stories that interest you.
This week ON THE SOAPBOX SPECIAL welcomes Airlines UK chief executive Tim Alderslade as the British airlines face Brexit. In News, Boeing’s 777X finally takes to the air, LOT of Poland pulls off a coup with Condor, Lufthansa has big plans for the UK and robot parking is a success at Lyon. Our cruise feature is the first Monday of the month, but since WHICH? magazine has today featured a misleading article on cruising BTN makes a comment on the usually reliable publication. We have a FLYING AT THE FRONT END feature on Emirates, while AND FINALLY finds Boeing having possible language problems. See also BTN’s regular feeds on Twitter at #BTNewsUpdate.
BTN is edited by Richard Cawthorne. Please make sure he is on your mailing list for stories: email@example.com
Don't forget to COMMENT in OUR READERS’ FINEST WORDS at the end of every article.
BTN's full edition is at www.btnews.co.uk. Click TEXT for the words only (no images). BTN can be set for reading on your iPad/netpad too. Use the Archive or Search if you require research from the last decade.
The “What Was Read” League:
BTN monitors subscriber reading (only by numbers, not individuals).
For last week’s issue, three Flybe stories topped the poll. Here are the results to date:
1 COMMENT: Flybe
2 Flybe – further thoughts
3 And some additional observations
- ON THE SOAPBOX SPECIAL: Tim Alderslade, Airlines UK
- 777X first-flight success
- All-party aviation group back in business
- Big UK expansion for Lufthansa
- Boeing controversy comes to Aviation Club
- Brize Norton in view for Air League
- Conquering fear of flying
- EasyJet gains from Cook collapse
- Four Seasons Madrid sets opening date
- Further MAX delay to summer confirmed
- LOT-Condor deal threat to IAG
- Nashville date for Virgin Hotels
- New regional expansion for Eastern
- Northern airports in connectivity review
- Norwegian cuts baggage allowance
- Party time for points collectors
- Robot parking moves forward
- Stansted growth plan setback
- Technology takes the stage
- Which? rates cruises
- World's largest Fairfield to open in Makkah
- FLYING AT THE FRONT END: Emirates
- AND FINALLY: Another Boeing invention
BTNews - The Business Travel News
Published every Monday
PO Box 758, Edgware HA8 4QF, UK
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 BTNews