2 DECEMBER 2019

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.

Avanti West Coast plans revealed

New branding and service details have been unveiled by rail operator First Trenitalia for the new West Coast rail franchise, replacing Virgin Trains (BTN 19 August). The new service, Avanti West Coast, begins next Sunday, 8 December.

Due to run until 2031, the new agreement is being operated by First Group, which has a 70% holding, and the Italian state railway company Trenitalia, which holds the remaining 30%.

First Group said: “Under the new West Coast Partnership, First Trenitalia is committed to delivering passenger enhancements … (including) more trains, more seats, simplified fares and more frequent services.”

The group said the 56 Pendolino trains operating the service will be refurbished with 25,000 new seats, more reliable wi-fi and improved catering. By 2022, there will be 263 more train services every week to more places and a new train fleet introduced.

Fares and ticket types are to be simplified and mobile tickets and smartcards brought in, the company added, while stations will be improved with refreshed waiting rooms, more car park spaces, and greater accessibility for those that need it.

(See also Azuma arrives on East Coast in this issue).

www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.


www.btnews.co.uk