20 AUGUST 2018
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2020 Business Travel News Ltd.
France has reopened the investigation into the fate of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 amid claims of a Malaysian cover-up, according to the French newspaper Le Parisien.
The report said the move was triggered after Malaysia’s long-awaited “final report” failed to provide an explanation for the aircraft’s disappearance. The 239 passengers on the flight included four French citizens.
Le Parisien reported investigators are keen to verify data from the British global satellite network operator Inmarsat, which tracked the aircraft’s pings to the southern Indian Ocean off Western Australia, where it is believed to have crashed.
Relatives of those on board MH370 issued a statement in response to the news urging the Malaysian government to release all data, including military radar data, for review and analysis by independent experts.
The French paper noted the 449-page report by Malaysian authorities into MH370’s disappearance released last month (BTN 6 August) was universally condemned, with accusations by victims’ families of a cover up at worst and incompetence at best.
They were particularly critical of the decision to rule out a murder/suicide plot by chief pilot Zaharie Shah, despite evidence showing someone intentionally disabled the plane’s communication systems before manually rerouting it.
The French government has not so far commented on any new investigation.
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
Noel Gilmartin, HAMPTON
Very useful & succinct account of a major part of our aviation story.