9 JULY 2018

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2018 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 9 JULY 2018

Boeing-Embraer link-up

Within days of Airbus formally purchasing Bombardier's C Series product (See BTN 11 June 2018), Boeing and Embraer have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for a strategic partnership to accelerate both companies’ growth in global aerospace markets.

The agreement proposes the formation of a joint venture comprising Embraer’s commercial aircraft and services business in a strategic alignment with Boeing’s commercial development, production, marketing and lifecycle services operations.

Boeing chairman, president and CEO Dennis Muilenberg said under the terms of the agreement, Boeing will hold an 80% ownership stake in the joint venture and Embraer will own the remaining 20%.

“By forging this strategic partnership, we will be ideally positioned to generate significant value for both companies’ customers, employees and shareholders – and for Brazil and the United States,” he added.

Embraer CEO and president Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva said: “The agreement with Boeing will create the most important strategic partnership in the aerospace industry, strengthening both companies’ leadership in the global market.”

The joint venture will offer what Boeing called “a comprehensive, highly-complementary commercial airplane portfolio that ranges from 70 seats to more than 450 seats and freighters, offering best-in-class products and services”.

www.boeing.com

www.embraer.com

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.


www.btnews.co.uk