22 FEBRUARY 2016

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 22 FEBRUARY 2016

Low-cost taxis for Business Travel Show

Uber, the controversial low-cost private hire operator will exhibit at the Business Travel Show (BTS) for the first time alongside fellow sharing economy suppliers Hailo, Gett, Veeve, JetHunter and Magicevent.  BTS is at Olympia Wednesday-Thursday this week 24-25 February. (See ON THE SOAPBOX SPECIAL)

The addition of Uber and other apps-connected ‘taxi’ firms comes as 48% of travel managers confirmed they are undecided whether sharing economy providers offer a benefit or threat to their travel programme.  The remaining 52% are split evenly between the two.  The survey of 182 European travel managers was carried out by the Business Travel Show.
 
The research also showed that one in five travellers are already using sharing economy or private short-term rental listing platforms and 8% of travel managers currently include them in their programme.  A further 12% plan to introduce them in the next three years and 19% allow travellers to book independently.  Just 13% were adamant that they will not use in the future.
 
Sam Cande, group commercial director, Business Travel Show, said: “Yes, buyers are still undecided about the sharing economy, but that doesn’t mean they’re not interested in finding out more about them – we know this because we can see how many appointments buyers are making with our sharing economy suppliers at the show."  www.businesstravelshow.com

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.
www.btnews.co.uk