15 FEBRUARY 2016
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is bringing together top experts from the legal field to discuss best practices on managing corporate risk and reputation in an era of news-making social media. This will be one of the highlights of this week’s IATA Legal Symposium in Barcelona (Spain), 17-19 February.
Aviation blogger Benet Wilson will headline a panel discussion with airline legal experts focused on the emerging challenges of crisis and reputation management in the age of ubiquitous information facilitated by social media. “Airlines operate all around the world, and around the clock. The speed and reach of social media have forced airlines to respond in real time to challenges, even before the facts are fully known,” notes panel moderator Anita Mosner, a partner at Holland & Knight, LLP.
The symposium will also feature a keynote address by Erwin Muller, vice chairman of the Dutch Safety Board and a presentation by Brian Pearce, IATA’s chief economist.
Other issues on the symposium’s agenda include:
• Latin America: Growth Despite Uncertainty
• Rising Airport Charges in Europe and How They Impact Aviation and the Economy
• Trends in Airline Acquisitions, Alliances and Cross-border Investments
• “Just Culture” explained by the creator of that term, David Marx, as applied to both aviation companies and the regulatory agencies that oversee them
• Is Big Data Helping the Airlines Reap Profit?
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?