23 NOVEMBER 2015
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.
Canada’s Porter Airlines has been told the country’s new government is not planning to reopen an agreement to allow jets to fly out of Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport.
Porter had been pushing for jets to be allowed to be flown from the facility, which is on a small island near Toronto's central business district, and said it had been looking at ordering Bombardier C Series aircraft.
Jets are banned from Billy Bishop under a tripartite agreement between the Canadian federal government, Toronto's port authority and the city government.
Transport Minister Marc Garneau said on Twitter that he had been reviewing the file and that the Canadian government "will not re-open the tripartite agreement".
Porter and rival Air Canada currently operate turbo-prop aircraft from the airport.
In better news for Bombardier, its CS100 twinjet has completed its certification flight testing, subject to Transport Canada's final review and acceptance. And aircraft FTV-5, a CS100 flight test vehicle in the livery of SWISS International Air Lines, made its debut this month at the Dubai air show at Al Maktoum Dubai World Central airport.
The CS100 is due to enter service with SWISS in the first half of 2016. www.bombardier.com
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
Henning Jacobsen, Canasda/Toronto
You may have missed last week's Bombardier announcement of an additional $1.5 bn in investment from Caisse Depot - no requirement for a single share structure. This in addition to last month commitment from Investement Quebec of $1 bn - will make Bombardier to take on production of the CSeries.