29 MARCH 2021
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2021 Business Travel News Ltd.
At the present time the only way to fly to either Guernsey or Jersey is via the limited services of Aurigny and Blue Islands from Southampton.
With the islands in the Common Travel Area (which includes Ireland, the Isle of Man, Scotland and Wales) it is hoped that the many summertime services from regional airports will go ahead as planned.
The UK has been divided into three regions, each with different classifications, green, amber and red (see below).
The rules are different for each island with the Jersey guidelines starting 26 April and Guernsey 30 April. There are no inter-island services but you can fly from Guernsey to Alderney.
For Jersey, passengers must follow the following rules and provide their travel history in advance, through the online portal, and undertake free PCR tests on arrival and on days 5 and 10 after arriving.
• Green status regions: Day 0 test, self-isolate until result, normally very quick.
• Amber status regions: Day 0 & Day 5 tests – self-isolate until Day 5 result.
• Red status regions: Day 0, Day 5 & Day 10 tests – self-isolate until Day 10 result.
For Jersey it is essentially by district council for UK:
With Guernsey the passenger obligations are different but the free PCR and entry much the same.
• If route is a designated air bridge and classed as Category 1 no quarantine.
• Category 2 region: Day 0 test, self-isolate until result, normally very quick.
• Category 3 region: Day 0 & Day 7 tests – self-isolate until Day 7 result.
• Category 4 region: 14 days of self-isolation.
For Guernsey regions are larger:
From 1 July, there would be no self-isolation restrictions for inbound travellers, although they may still need to test on arrival.
See also AND NOT QUITE FINALLY
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
Actually BA has been running LHR JER twice a week and easyJet too has been coming down from LGW and GLA. BFS is starting up this week I think.
Sally Field, Bournemouth
Can you go by boat between the two islands, or do you need to fly via Southampton?