12 AUGUST 2019

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 12 AUGUST 2019

New Air Antwerp service heads for London

Belgium’s new airline has followed the unveiling of its livery (BTN last week) with plans to operate 16 flights a week between Antwerp and London City Airport (LCY) from next month.

Air Antwerp, which secured its AOC and operating licence last week, will operate a  50-seat Fokker F-50 with three flights a day on weekdays and one on Sundays. The regional carrier has also concluded a codeshare agreement with KLM on the route.

KLM, with a 25% stake, is one of two shareholders in the company, which was founded in May this year. CityJet of Dublin holds the remaining 75%.

Air Antwerp CEO Johan Maertens said: “Business travellers will finally be able to fly again from the centre of London to Antwerp and for the Antwerp business world it is good news there is again a direct link to the London Docklands.”

LCY aviation director Peter Downes added: “The return of the Antwerp route is fantastic news. The route has been valued tremendously in the past, and with the impetus of Air Antwerp and the codeshare with KLM, enabling bookings through the KLM website, it has the ingredients to be a real success.”

www.airantwerp.com

www.cityjet.com

www.klm.com

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.


www.btnews.co.uk