14 JANUARY 2019


© 2022 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 14 JANUARY 2019

Embraer joins forces with Boeing

In a busy period for the Brazilian manufacturer Embraer, the company has joined forces with Boeing in a strategic partnership while celebrating further significant order-book success for its aircraft.

On the Boeing link-up, both companies say the partnership will “accelerate growth in global aerospace markets”. The joint venture will comprise Embraer’s commercial aircraft and services operations, with Boeing paying $4.2bn for 80% and Embraer holding the remaining 20%.

The partnership will be led by Brazil-based management while Boeing will have operational and management control of the company, which will report directly to Boeing chairman, president and chief executive officer Dennis Muilenburg.

On the sales front, US carrier Republic Airways has finalised an order for 100 Embraer E175s and taken purchase rights on a further 100. The firm order is valued at $4.69bn based on current list prices, with deliveries due to start in 2020.

Republic is the world’s largest E-Jet operator, with a fleet of nearly 190 E170 and E175s, which are used to operate flights for American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express.

In further good news, Embraer has celebrated the delivery of its 1,500th E-Jet, an E175, to Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, configured with 12 seats in First Class, 12 in Premium Class and 52 in the main cabin.

www.embraer.com   www.boeing.com   https://rjet.com


Index/Home page

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum

John Davidson, France

Of course, both Embraer and Boeing and airframe manufacturers. Neither makes an engine, which is the most expensive (and useful) part of the aircraft. So you should indicate what engines they are using. CFM 56's descendant, the Leaf? The Franco-American CFM 56 is the best-selling engine in its class, with an 80% market share with the B737 and A320. What are the engines on these smaller aircraft?