7 JANUARY 2019

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2019 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 7 JANUARY 2019

Gatwick stake sold for 2.9bn

A deal by the France-based company Vinci Airports to acquire a majority 50.01% stake in Gatwick has been signed for a reported £2.9nbn. The other 49.99% will continue to be managed by Global Infrastructure Partners, Gatwick’s owner since 2009.

Vinci said in a statement: “The transaction represents a rare opportunity to acquire an airport of such size and quality and fits extremely well with Vinci Concessions’ long-term investment horizon.

“Gatwick Airport is an outstanding asset with further growth potential. This acquisition represents a major strategic move by Vinci Airports into a strongly-performing airport located in a globally-significant aviation market.”

Vinci manages 45 airports in France, Portugal, Sweden, Serbia, Cambodia, Japan, the US, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Chile and Brazil. The  network, served by more than 250 airlines, handled over 180m passengers in 2017.

In the year ended 31 March, Gatwick Airport Group reported total revenue of £764m, with EBITDA (earnings before interest and taxes) of £411m. Gatwick, which operates the world’s busiest single runway, handled more than 46m passengers last year.

Chief executive Stewart Wingate said he and the senior management team will all remain at the airport and “we look forward to improving services further for our passengers”.

www.gatwickairport.com

www.vinci-airports.com/en

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.


www.btnews.co.uk