12 JUNE 2017

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2020 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 12 JUNE 2017

Boeing in new Iran coup

A final deal was announced on Saturday for Boeing to supply Iran’s third-largest carrier, Aseman Airlines, with 30 B737 MAX jets with another 30 following delivery of the first batch. 

The deal followed a year of talks between the two companies and was sealed with a handshake between Aseman managing director Hossein A’laei and Boeing sales representative in the Middle East and Russia James Larson.

The deal for 60 aircraft is said to be worth $3bn according to local news reports, with Aseman paying 5% and the remaining 95% to be financed by Boeing. Deliveries are due to start in 2022 with all the first batch handed over within two years.

Observers noted that while one B737 MAX costs around $100m at current prices, carriers can usually negotiate a 50% discount in the case of large contracts such as this one.

The new agreement supplements the $16.6bn deal Boeing signed with Iran during the Obama administration in the US for the sale of 80 aircraft to the country’s flag carrier IranAir.

Earlier this year, Iran signed a deal with Airbus to buy 118 passenger jets for an estimated €22.8bn (US$25bn). 

https://www.iaa.ir

www.boeing.co.uk

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.
www.btnews.co.uk