10 APRIL 2017

YOUR WORDS


Readers are invited to add their comments to any story. Click on the article to see and add.

BTN DISTRIBUTION

BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.

Index

Email this Page
Bookmark

The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
info@btnews.co.uk
© 2020 Business Travel News Ltd.

Article from BTNews 10 APRIL 2017

Durham Tees Valley growing

Plans to develop land on the north side of Durham Tees Valley Airport for housing and a local services area for retail, commercial, leisure and community use have been backed by Darlington councillors.

The proposals are described as a “key element” in implementing the airport’s strategy to secure its sustainable long term future, with the revenue generated from the developments to be re-invested in the airport business.

In a statement following the “very positive” decision, Durham Tees Valley welcomed the planning applications committee’s “recognition of the importance of the developments in securing the investment needed to deliver the Master Plan”.

Features of the outline planning application include a residential development of up to 350 houses with provision for a development of small-scale retail space, financial and professional services, restaurants and other leisure facilities. Community facilities are also part of the application. 

The application also includes a commitment to invest in improvements in local services, including education, affordable housing, highways and transport infrastructure.

Durham Tees Valley accounts for about 21,000 aircraft movements a year. The latest annual passenger count was 132,369. The majority shareholder in the airport is Peel Airports, which owns 89%, with the remaining 11% owned by a consortium of local authorities.

www.durhamteesvalleyairport.com

Index/Home page
 

OUR READERS' FINEST WORDS (All times and dates are GMT)

All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum


No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?


Add your comment

First Name
Surname
Email Address
Company (Not obligatory)
Country/City
Comment
- You must be a registered subscriber using the email address entered to submit a comment, or you will be sent a confirmation email before your comment will appear.
- Your comment will be checked before appearing, which may take several working hours.
www.btnews.co.uk