23 JANUARY 2017
BTN also goes out by email every Sunday night at midnight (UK time). To view this edition click here.
The Business Travel News
PO Box 758
Edgware HA8 4QF
+44 (0)20 8952 8383
© 2020 Business Travel News Ltd.
The latest strike action against British Airways ended at the weekend with the airline claiming it had operated nearly all flights throughout the dispute and as of 21:00 on Saturday the schedule was “operating as normal”.
A terse statement from BA said merely: “The industrial action by Mixed Fleet Unite on Thursday 19, Friday 20 and Saturday 21 January has concluded.” There was no comment from either side on next steps.
Earlier in the week, BA pledged to operate 99% of its total scheduled programme during the action, which began at a minute past midnight on Thursday. It said 24 flights had been cancelled, but a number of short-haul flights would be merged.
The result, the airline said, was that “our flight programme is running as planned and we are going to fly all customers to their destinations”. All long-haul services to and from Heathrow, plus BA flights to and from Gatwick Airport and London City operated as normal.
The walk-out was staged by BA's 'mixed fleet' cabin crew, who make up around 15% of the airline's total cabin staff and who Unite claims are being paid “poverty” wages, a claim BA has denied.
All comments are filtered to exclude any excesses but the Editor does not have to agree with what is being said. 100 words maximum
No one has commented yet, why don't you start the ball rolling?